Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving Weekend Ski Report

What a difference a few days makes.  Snow, snow, and more snow has greatly improved the early season ski conditions.

I avoided the powder panic in the Cottonwoods on Friday and Saturday and skate skied at Mountain Dell.  On Friday, trails were limited, but a good chunk of the terrain was open on Saturday.  Conditions were soft, but to have skate skiing in November is a blessing and thus no complaints here.  Much thanks to the groomers for getting things open.  I am looking forward to getting up another day or two this week.

I skied at Alta today and thought conditions were excellent for 1 December.  I even brought a brand new pair of skis, which I really enjoyed (no rocks hit, but my off-piste adventures were limited).  I thought it would be overcast in the afternoon, but instead, skies were beautiful, and the views even prettier. 


No "direct hits" are likely this week, but there's a chance of some action again next weekend.  Keep your fingers crossed.  I hate to be greedy, but more snow would be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment