A Storm!
Ha, I knew that would get your attention...
I'm not sure if it qualifies as a storm, but we do have another "quick hitter" upper-level trough and weak cold front coming through Utah on Saturday.
This looks largely like a repeat of the wimpy storms we've had the past couple of weeks. Clouds, cooling, and perhaps a few inches of snow in the Cottonwoods. Dust on crust, or, in the case of the southern aspects, dust on dirt.
I never thought I would say this, but I'm hoping it doesn't snow here in the valley because the large-scale pattern ain't changin' and we're right back to the ridge after Saturday. If the skiing is sub-standard, let's at least have good mountain biking here in the valley.
For you early birds, Larry Dunn and I will be on KCPWs Cityviews program this morning at 9 am to discuss the current drought. Listen at 88.3 FM, 105.3, or stream here.
I'm not sure if it qualifies as a storm, but we do have another "quick hitter" upper-level trough and weak cold front coming through Utah on Saturday.
![]() |
| GFS forecast valid 11 am Saturday 7 Jan 2011 |
I never thought I would say this, but I'm hoping it doesn't snow here in the valley because the large-scale pattern ain't changin' and we're right back to the ridge after Saturday. If the skiing is sub-standard, let's at least have good mountain biking here in the valley.
For you early birds, Larry Dunn and I will be on KCPWs Cityviews program this morning at 9 am to discuss the current drought. Listen at 88.3 FM, 105.3, or stream here.

Time for some ankle shot freshies...I*'am in!!
ReplyDeleteNO FAIR teasing with a headline like that!
ReplyDelete