Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pessimism and Optimism

It was abundantly clear today that I was overly pessimistic on Thursday when I assumed that the sun was going to be baking most aspects (see Dribs and Drabs Aren't Enough in Late March).  We found plenty of good snow today on northerly aspects.


Of course, spring is in full force and many areas are baked out, necessitating very un-Wasatch like approaches and departures for late March.  Although I think we have some good low-elevation snow years in the future, this folks is the snow climate of the Wasatch in the future.


Now let's talk about optimism.  The models continue to key in on an active pattern for Monday and Tuesday.


I'm not speculating on details yet, but I'm keeping my schedule clear for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment