Sometimes It Doesn't Take Much

There is not always a direct relationship between the amount of new snow and road-weather impacts.  Sometimes a little is enough to create problems.

The snow that fell late last night didn't come fast and furious.  It started at the Salt Lake City airport at around 4:50 AM MST and has added up to a whopping .03" of water equivalent through 8:40 am this morning.  That's probably pretty close to what I got in the Avenues foothills.


However, after the cold weather the past couple of days, the road surfaces are cold and the snow is sticking.  In addition, I suspect the road crews were caught off guard and nothing was plowed when I woke up this morning in my neighborhood.  Further, Commuterlink at 8:48 AM MST showed fairly slow going for a Saturday along much of I-15 and I-215 through the Salt Lake Valley.

Source: UDOT
Traffic cameras showed the light snow covering all but the busier lanes.

Source: UDOT
An inch at Alta so far.  It's not much, but I'm starting to learn to appreciate anything we get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America's Rainiest City?

Escape from Utah

The NWS Is Hiring