Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Storm!

Ha, I knew that would get your attention...

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a storm, but we do have another "quick hitter" upper-level trough and weak cold front coming through Utah on Saturday.

GFS forecast valid 11 am Saturday 7 Jan 2011
This looks largely like a repeat of the wimpy storms we've had the past couple of weeks.  Clouds, cooling, and perhaps a few inches of snow in the Cottonwoods.  Dust on crust, or, in the case of the southern aspects, dust on dirt.  

I never thought I would say this, but I'm hoping it doesn't snow here in the valley because the large-scale pattern ain't changin' and we're right back to the ridge after Saturday.  If the skiing is sub-standard, let's at least have good mountain biking here in the valley.

For you early birds, Larry Dunn and I will be on KCPWs Cityviews program this morning at 9 am to discuss the current drought.  Listen at 88.3 FM, 105.3, or stream here.


2 comments:

  1. Time for some ankle shot freshies...I*'am in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO FAIR teasing with a headline like that!

    ReplyDelete