Thursday, October 1, 2020

Ten Years of the Wasatch Weather Weenies Blog!

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the Wasatch Weather Weenies blog!

3650 days, 3147 posts (3148 if you include this one), 3.3 million page views, one 800ish inch snow season, a few drought seasons, and no lawsuits.  

That's a pretty good run, and I still have tenure.  

Our first year was the best.  The newlywed stage.  The 2010/11 season produced an estimated 802.5 inches of snow at Alta (see Alta 800).  Ah, the good old days.

Rocky times followed.  There were some bad seasons, especially 2014/15.  The snow situation in the Wasatch was at times dire (see Has There Ever Been a Snow Season Like This?).

At times, I considered leaving.  We wouldn't have survived without the help of parents.  Mother Nature provided post after post.  Snowstorms.  Windstorms.  Floods.  Droughts.  You name it. 

There were also our friends, the humans.  Their stupid-human tricks and addiction to fossil fuels provided post after post, although their bad investment advice may eventually cause us to default on the mortgage.  

Finally, there's my current boss.  You know, the Tweeter in Chief.  He's got all the bad-boss boxes checked.  Inexperienced?  Check.  Narcissistic?  Check.  Toxic?  Check.  Takes credit for everything?  Check.  Doesn't respect your abilities and knowledge?  Check.  Keeps promoting people who don't know anything?  Check.  How I have survived the last four years, I'll never know.  I admit some weak moments and posts.  

Yet here we are, ten years down the road.  

Many more?

Time will tell...

12 comments:

  1. I hope there are many years ahead. I love learning from this blog, and take great comfort in reading it throughout the workweek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for you efforts. I truly enjoy reading this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us informed and amused for 10 years! Looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping the rest of us survive(those smarter Americans as my Canadian friends sympathize right now) the last decade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much. A professor at the U (Adler) told me about this resource and I am eternally grateful to you and him for the continued education.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there good sir! You have done far mire good than you know and improved mire lives than you can imagine. I am grateful for the many experiences and memories your weather reports have helped influence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I only took one meteorology class in college, but have enjoyed reading your blog and getting some insight into the local weather. Please keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long time reader. Never miss a post, even when I moved to other parts of the country. I always look forward to the next post. Thanks for the time and effort you put into informing us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I predict many more. Especially if the current situation continues where you have less in-person opportunities to talk about weather/life with your colleagues and grad students :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah the good old days, I remember being in your synoptic and forecasting classes the year this blog was started. Awesome snow year too, great times! Here's to many more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, from one of your many silent readers.

    May you have a better boss soon.

    ReplyDelete