Closing Day (#1)
It was the first closing day of the season at Alta today. Although the freshies are gone, the turns were quite good and you could carve a hell of a trench for much of the afternoon.
As usual, costumes and revelry prevailed for the day.
Special thanks to this dude for throwing in some old-school air and for keeping his clothes on.
Snirty snow is already making an appearance in wind scoured and sun exposed areas. A brown spring is in our future.
There was something in the air throughout the day obscuring the views. I was wondering if it was smoke from the Siberian fires. Perhaps one of you out there can take a look and comment.
Now is a good time to say thanks to all the avy pros, patrollers, snowmakers, groomers, and lifties for their exceptional efforts this difficult snow year.
As usual, costumes and revelry prevailed for the day.
Special thanks to this dude for throwing in some old-school air and for keeping his clothes on.
Snirty snow is already making an appearance in wind scoured and sun exposed areas. A brown spring is in our future.
There was something in the air throughout the day obscuring the views. I was wondering if it was smoke from the Siberian fires. Perhaps one of you out there can take a look and comment.
Now is a good time to say thanks to all the avy pros, patrollers, snowmakers, groomers, and lifties for their exceptional efforts this difficult snow year.
I have noticed smoke the last couple of days also, and not just in the local area. At first I thought maybe some Gobi Desert dust was obscuring the sky since this is about the peak of the season for that, but from its appearance I can tell that at least some of it is smoke. I can also smell a little smoke in the air this morning. There are a few isolated fires in the western U.S. but I don't know if those are contributing much or if it's from much farther away like you suggest.
ReplyDelete