Friday, March 11, 2022

Professor Piste

For groomers and skiing fast, days don't come much better than this morning.  We have some friends in town from back east and I'm fairly certain it was the best day of skiing they've ever had.  Other than a bit of a north wind, the snow and weather conditions were as good as you can get without powder.  

Over the past few weeks, I've been Professor Piste instead of Professor Powder due to a foot and ankle injury.  Touring and Nordic skiing have been verboten, and even walking has been difficult.  I've been able to do two a little Alpine skiing on groomers though, and that has helped me keep my sanity.  It has been a stingy injury, but it improved quite a bit over the past week.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the trend is my friend.  If you see someone struggling through a 5 K skate sometime in the next week or two, that would be me.

If you were up in Little Cottonwood, you may have noticed a great Asperitas cloud display.  I took the photo below toward Snowbird and the American Fork Twin at around 1 PM.  


I call them "dementor" clouds as they remind me a bit of the dementors in Harry Potter.  They are typically rough and wavy.  They can be thick and dark, but these were thin and wispy.  Spectacular!

1 comment:

  1. Utah snow snobbery isn't ALWAYS justified. These recent storms have been good for Colorado. Look
    Pretty good pow in CO recently.
    https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/colorado

    ReplyDelete