Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Desert Delinquency

Sorry for the delinquency in posting, but we've been down in the Sonoran Desert visiting our daughter at Arizona State. 

Highs in Tempe were near 90˚F each day, but manageable due to the lower angle sun and the short day length.  There's lots of outdoor dining there as well, which is a bonus given the ongoing pandemic.  

We spent a day in the Superstition Mountains east of Tempe.  This was my first trip to the area since I was 16.  It's beautiful country.  

Although I've been to Tempe many times, we made my first visit to the Desert Botanical Garden, which was simply spectacular even if most of the plants were out of bloom.  It's definitely worth a couple of hours of time to meander the walkways and check out the desert plants.

We are in the process of designing a new building for the University of Utah that would house the Departments of Physics and Atmospheric Sciences.  I'm big on secure bike storage, which is sorely lacking on campus.  I liked these key-card access parking structures that they had on campus that require card access and then have lockable racks inside.  



We simply can't keep building parking garages on campus.  Traffic to and from campus just keeps getting worse.  E-bikes and secure bike storage need to be given greater priority.  

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, I have a bike locker at the School of Medicine and love it. (as a nurse at the U) Enjoy your time in Az.

    ReplyDelete