Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Status of weather.utah.edu

Some of you have asked about the status of weather.utah.edu as it has been down for off campus access now for at least 24 hours.  

I was told that "the campus default deny seems to be blocking weather.utah.edu from outside of campus."  I really have no idea what this means other than you can't get to it from off campus.  The people that help me with the web site told me they have contacted the powers that be, but it remains down.  

Those of you who are affiliated with the University of Utah, including my students, can access weather.utah.edu if you fire up the campus VPN from an off campus location.  That's the best I can do for now other than hoping we'll be back in business soon. 

I'll just say that the struggle at the U is real.  


2 comments:

  1. Thx for the update, I think you know I check weather.utah.edu several times a day and when it is down I get anxiety (kidding but I do miss it). It's nice to you post here that it is down and you are doing your best to get it up but it's an uphill battle w the U administration. Thx again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have checked first, GREAT NEWS, weather.utah.edu is BACK UP!!!

      Delete