Sunday, July 10, 2022

Alta Ski Report

 I rose early this morning and hiked up Sunset Peak from Brighton.  As I sat on the summit, stared westward over Alta, Snowbird, and the Alpine Ridge and wondered if there was any skiable snow remaining. 


Shortly thereafter I got a text from my son saying he skied the main chute, so apparently there is.  He described it as "awesome, but really scary."  I don't really know how to interpret that, but I guess it still goes.  

I haven't seen pictures, but imagine the white ribbon of death that remains won't survive long.  I haven't had the courage to look at the models, but I took at peak at the NWS forecast for the airport and the highs are:

Monday 96
Tuesday 100
Wednesday 101
Thursday 100
Friday 99
Saturday 99
Sunday 99

The forecast low for tonight is, however, 69˚F.  We'll see if that verifies, but it will be the first sub-70 reading of the month if it does.  

1 comment:

  1. It verified...at 68! Hope you enjoyed it as the dreaded excessive heat warning has now been posted. Highs 102-104 and lows 77-80 for at least the next week. Gross.

    ReplyDelete