Weather Monotony

By and large we are embedded in and will continue to be dominated for the next few days by a fairly boring weather pattern characterized by light flow aloft, the passage of a large-scale "ripple" now and then, and perhaps a few showers or a thunderstorm here or there.  Perhaps one of those thunderstorms will prove exciting, but otherwise weather monotony will predominate.

A quick update on our quest for the hottest summer on record.  Through yesterday, we are in a dead heat with 2013.
Source: NOAA Regional Climate Centers

Everything will depend on how things evolve over the next couple of weeks.

Comments

  1. I'm curious as to why we are seeing strong katabatic winds right now. 9:15 pm. Any insight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably some sort of gust front/outflow boundary and not just katabatic, but I confess I haven't looked.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

America's Rainiest City?

Escape from Utah

The NWS Is Hiring