Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Thunderstorms Bring Some White Stuff

Well, I have to admit that I was caught off guard by the coverage and intensity of thunderstorms late yesterday and overnight.  Months of drought has dulled my senses and lowered my expectations.  It was great to see rain, lightning, and thunder again, although I could have lived without the rapid, heart-pegged ascent to my house at the end of my ride as I raced an approaching storm.   Nevertheless, it was worth the price of admission.

And, we even have the first snow of the season in the high Wasatch, as caught by one of the Snowbird cams this morning.

Source: Snowbird
Looks like a dusting down to perhaps 10,500 feet or so.  A reminder that winter is coming and none too soon.

1 comment:

  1. Been lurking on here for a while. I am a sad poster who lives in the flat lands of the midwest. Got one planned ski trip in late February and another that I will probably try to time for some storm skiing. Anyway, pictures like this get me excited for winter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete