and then a return to more winter-like temperatures on Wednesday.
As was the case with the previous storms, we're dealing with a crap shoot for what will happen for mountain and possibly valley snow. Contrasts in the track, strength, and shape of the trough can make a big difference for precipitation around here, so I'm still taking a wait and see approach until we get a big closer to the event. The uncertainty is reflected in the large spread being produced by our downscaled North American Ensemble Forecast System (NAEFS) guidance for Alta, which shows members producing from as little as about 0.4" of water to as much as 2.5".
It would be great to get the latter. A once a week storm is better than nothing, but we remain on the shy of what I'll call "real" skiing and the stretches of warmer, sunnier weather are hell on the south facing aspects. On the plus side, the regular storms keep the valley stirred up and the inversion at bay.