Friday, March 6, 2015

Nearly One Million Page Views!

I was taking a look at some of the blogger analytics for the Wasatch Weather Weenies and noticed that we are almost to one million page views.  We'll likely get there this month.  It's really great that so many people are reading my rumblings and rants.

Over the years I've resisted monetizing the blog, which allows me to say that we're nationwide and commercial free.  What I'm most interested in is science communication and seeing our University of Utah students, who are so passionate about mountain weather, succeed in their education and careers.  Our students are involved in everything from air pollution to winter storm research and much of what you read about on this blog derives from their activities.  If you enjoy the Wasatch Weather Weenies, click here and consider making a donation to our Mountain Meteorology Fund, which supports research and educational activities in mountain meteorology at the University of Utah.

And here are a couple of other opportunities for learning more about mountain weather and climate.  I'm on twitter now and tweeting storm updates and interesting articles and items on weather and climate.


And if you haven't already picked up my book, it is available in Salt Lake City at Weller Book Works in Trolley Square and Kings English at 15th and 15th, in Park City at Dolly's Bookstore on Main Street, and online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.


 If you like the blog, you'll love the book as it probes more deeply into many of the weather, climate, and avalanche topics that Utah skiers and snowboarders love.

I'm looking forward to blogging in the future.  Back problems have limited my skiing adventures the past couple of years, so this is a great outlet for me and I enjoy living vicariously through you.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jim. Well done.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not put on some advertising on top of the page so long as its not annoying pop-ups? You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Dr. Steenburgh! I have enjoyed reading your blog ever since you created it the year I had your synoptic and forecasting classes. I plan to pick up your book next week and I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The folks at the UUOC physical therapy might be helpful for your back, as they were for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the posts! I read them every week. I was referred to your blog by a professor in the geology department, who also teaches Geography of Utah every spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I can't tell you how much I love this "blog." Sure, one day I may be able to wade through the wonkiness but I have a small cranium and mainly have to fake my understanding. Thank you so much for all that you provide for our community. A real teacher like KRS-One spreading knowledge wide and far.

    ReplyDelete