Our first post was on October 1st, 2010. Initially, we were an invite only blog, but response was overwhelming, so I decided to open it to the public, trollers and all :-). I'm so glad I did as it's been great fun writing for everyone. Page views by month show that we pick up more readers each winter. Where everyone goes in the summer I have no idea!
Our first winter was amazing. Huge amounts of snow, lots of storms, and lots of skiing. I logged 66 days of skiing that season, including 3 days on Mt. Rainier with my son around July 1st. Ah, those were the days.
Since then, both snowfall and my back have been on the downswing, but we've found plenty to talk about anyway. In case you are interested in looking back, here are the 10 most viewed posts. A few of these have been boosted by people following Google searches for specific phrases or people. Blogging about "Fabio" (#4) has greatly boosted my readership.
- Let's Rock, 25 April 2012
- Outlook for the 2013–14 Ski Season, 30 Aug 2013
- Tour de France Weather, 15 July 2011
- West to be Tickled by Fabio, 18 July 2012
- Powder Explosion!, 11 Dec 2013
- Bogus Snow Science, 30 Nov 2013
- The Untold Story of How Santa Claus Really Comes to Town, 23 Dec 2011
- Is This a Long Term Trend?, 7 Feb 2015
- The Approaching Mother of All Inversions, 13 Jan 2013
- Northern Utah's Christmas Miracle, 23 Dec 2014
If you've enjoyed the blog, consider clicking here and making a donation to the Mountain Meteorology Fund at the University of Utah. Unlike McDonalds, our posts antibiotic and filler free.
To celebrate, I'm going skiing.
Thanks for reading!