Thursday, September 11, 2014

Insights into Tornado Formation

Source: Markowski and Richardson (2014)
Paul Markowski and Yvette Richardson of Penn State have a great article out in the latest Physics Today entitled "What We Know and Don't Know about Tornado Formation."  I suspect the article may be paywalled, but it should be accessible to anyone on the University of Utah campus or from other institutions that have a suitable license.  I especially encourage atmospheric and other science majors to have a look.

Paul and Yvette are at the forefront of tornado and severe convection research in the United States and are also known as being outstanding teachers.  They work on different problems than I do, but when I can, I always attend their talks.  The are also the authors of the popular textbook Mesoscale Meteorology in Midlatitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment